Last week, we talked about the amazing benefits of red peppers and how they even help improve fertility and nourish you during pregnancy.
Today, we want to pass over this amazing red pepper salad. Together with the other ingredients, this salad is the perfect plate for anyone looking to fill her body with everything it needs.
This is a healthy salad, ideal for anyone to satisfy her inner Goddess and especially recommendable if you are trying to get pregnant or are pregnant.
- Baby spinach
- Red and yellow peppers
- Small broccoli
- red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- small shallot onion
- pine nuts
- organic free range egg
- popcorn (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- fine herbs (choose your favorites: dill, basil, tarragon)
A salad is easy to do, but to get this one perfect, there are a few steps to take into account:
- Slice peppers really thin
- Steam broccoli only a few minutes, until it gets dark green. If you steam it too much or boil it, it will lose its benefits.
- Arrange the arugula, baby spinach, peppers, cherry tomatoes cut in half, broccoli cut in small pieces and the shallot cut in very tiny, thin pieces in a bowl.
- If you like, you can do your own popcorn by adding oil in a pan, some organic popcorn seeds and some raw cane or coconut sugar.
- Poach an egg as long as you like it (we prefer around 2,5 minutes). Roast the pine nuts while poaching the egg.
- Add egg and pine nuts to the salad bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and herbs in a small bowl. You can add a minced garlic, if you like the taste.
This salad if full of vitamins A, B2, B6, B12, C, D, E and K, potassium, zinc, iron, copper, lecithin, folic acid, beta-carotene, phosphorus, selenium, antioxidants, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. In other words, this salad is great for a perfect health and improves fertility, nourishes during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.